Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is Youer than You." - Dr. Suess

I love this quote, it is one of my favorites :)
Today my husband said something to me that lifted my spirits up...he said..."People want you Leslie, they don't care if you are "Sweet Child of Mine Photography" or "Babahead Photography" (that was out of my darling Leyla's mouth). They want YOU! YOU are the artist!
I hope that on this beautiful day (well kind of, it's been raining all morning here) that we remember to be true to ourselves and those around us! xoxo
It just wouldn't be right to have a post with out a picture...so here is a recent one of my little Leyla...she always brightens my day!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Leslie I think you have brightened my day as well. You are the best . Leyla has really grown up .

kim

stacy said...

i love this quote as well leslie and i think your husband is so right! Babahead Photography or any other name....you've got an amazing gift... love your work!

Anonymous said...

You are so right Leslie. One of my favorite children's stories is about a little girl named Ruby who is a copycat. Ruby starts a new school and of course doesn't know anyone. Wanting to fit in, she starts copying everything another girl in class does... she copies her hairbows, her clothes, her sharing time stories... just so she can fit in and be accepted.. soon no one likes her or believes her...even the teacher talks to her..finally someone asks her "what can you do?" she says, "I can hop on one foot?" and so she does and thus begins the "Ruby dance". she finally realized she didn't have to be a copycat or knock-off. she was talented in her own right... Godspeed Leslie

Haley said...

You are an amazing artist. love love love that quote! xo

Haley