Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A little reminder...

I remember the day and his words just like it was yesterday..."If you were sitting here 3 months from now Leslie you would be fighting for your life..." His words continued on but I did not hear them. All I could think about was my beautiful baby girl and my best friend who was sitting next to me. I remember closing my eyes and Ryan squeezing my hand tighter and tighter the more the doctor went on about the procedures that I would be going through every 4 weeks until a clear test results. That was the day my doctor told me I had Stage 1 Cervical Cancer.
It has been 4 years since my last procedure and tomorrow I am going in for my annual check up...talk about being a stress case today :)
So if you are reading this and you haven't had a physical or that wonderful yearly visit to your OB please PLEASE make an appointment! If I have to I will make one for you :)

xoxo Leslie

Here I am with my beautiful daughter and nieces...taken last week at one of my favorite parks here in Fallbrook.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh...I can only imagine how scary that must have been! I'm so glad that you are all healed now!! Sending you prayers that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and you'll feel at peace!!

jwilson said...

Thinking of you today, Cousin! I hope you are given some comfort and peace. I had no idea you went through all of this. Love the picture of you and the girls!! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

You are AWESOME! AND a true sweetheart....Hugs Sister

Shannon Harrison said...

i cant believe i never knew this about you my lovely Leslie. so happy and thankful you are a healthy thriving friend of mine. XOXO

Welcome said...

I love you! How brave you are, and how blessed to have been given a clean bill of health. True to be... a healthy body, a healthy mind is all we need!!!
Xoxo Jess